Compensation costs rise 0.4 percent in New England
COURTESY THE U.S. BUREAU OF LABOR STATISTICS
COMPENSATION COSTS for civilian workers in New England rose 0.4 percent, seasonally adjusted for the 3 months ended June 30, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistic reported Tuesday. For a larger version of this image, click HERE.
WASHINGTON – Compensation costs for civilian workers in New England rose 0.4 percent, seasonally adjusted for the 3 months ended June 30, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistic reported Tuesday.
Wages and salaries make up roughly 70 percent of compensation costs and benefits make up the remaining 30 percent.
Year over year, compensation costs for civilian workers in New England rose 1.2 percent from an index of 116 to an index of 117.4, for which an index of 100 is equal to figures from December 2005.
Compensation costs for private-industry workers increased 0.5 percent in the three months ended June 30 and 1.1 percent from an index of 115.9 to an index of 117.2 during the 12 months ended June 30.
Across the county, compensation costs for civilian workers increased 0.5 percent, seasonally adjusted, for the 3 months ended June 30 and 1.7 percent for the 12 months ended June 30.
Compensation costs for private industry workers across the U.S. increased 0.5 percent during the three months ended June 30 and 1.8 percent year over year.
Nationwide, compensation costs for state and local government workers increased 0.5 percent during the three months ended June 30 and 1.6 percent for the year. The BLS did not provide regional data for state and local government worker compensation costs.
The BLS also noted that total compensation costs for private-industry workers in New England stood at an index level of 117.1 at the end of June, 0.7 percent higher than the national average.
PBN is now accepting applications for its newest award program and event for RI & Bristol County to celebrate the Manufacturing Renaissance that is evolving regionally and across the country. The deadline for applications is March 20th.
PBN's annual Book of Lists has been an essential resource for the local business community for almost 30 years. The Book of Lists features a wealth of company rankings from a variety of fields and industries, including banking, health care, real estate, law, hospitality, education, not-for-profits, technology and many more.