Business Excellence Awards
Applications are now being accepted for the 14th Annual Business Excellence Awar ...
According to Rhode Island General Laws 6-41-1, a trade secret is defined as information, including a formula, pattern, compilation, program, device, method, technique, or process, that: (i) Derives independent economic value, actual or potential, from not being generally known to, and not being readily ascertainable by proper means by, other persons who can obtain economic value from its disclosure or use; and (ii) Is the subject of efforts that are reasonable under the circumstances to maintain its secrecy.
This class will assist a business owner how to develop, protection, monetize, and maintain trade secrets within an organization. More particularly, this seminar will provide the following:
- Lean about the basics of what a trade secret comprises in contrast to a patent, trademark, or copyright
- Learn how to identify valuable trade secrets within your organization
- Learn how to protect your trade secrets using the law
- Learn how to setup a compliance program to maintain the legal protection of your trade secrets
- Lean how to monetize your trade secrets
Speaker(s): Daniel Holmander
Taco Building, room 201