2014 Government Regulations & Business Summit
Join PBN and our sponsors for our Government Regulations & Business Summit on Th ...
WARWICK – An 11-day-old baby and his mother were successfully treated for carbon-monoxide poisoning at Kent Hospital’s Hyperbaric Medicine Center in January, hospital officials reported. It was the first time the hospital had treated a newborn with hyperbaric oxygen therapy, in which a patient breathes pure oxygen under pressure.
Ethan Trahan Reynolds and his mother, Lyndsay Trahan, were both exposed to carbon-monoxide due to a faulty heating system inside their Charlestown home. The mother and son were transferred from Hasbro Children’s Hospital in Providence by ambulance to Kent’s Hyperbaric Medicine Center.
“Hyperbaric oxygen therapy can show great benefits in emergency conditions such as carbon-monoxide poisoning and we are grateful that our facility could provide successful treatment to someone of such a young age,” said Dr. Michael Dacey, chief medical officer at Kent Hospital.
“Our skilled team of nurses and physicians really came together in this particular case and delivered the best possible care and for that we are extremely proud,” he said. •