Business Excellence Awards
Please Join PBN to Celebrate the 2014 Business Excellence Award Winners on Novem ...
BOSTON – Twenty-nine private truckers and food-processing companies, including several in Bristol County, Mass., will receive $817,896 in federal and other grants to install technologies to reduce the diesel exhaust emissions of 63 long-haul trucks and diesel engines serving local wholesale markets and warehouses under MassCleanDiesel, a state-sponsored grant program.
The three pollution-control technologies offered under the program – auxiliary power unit, retrofit devices, and electric transportation refrigeration units – will reduce fine particulate matter emissions by at least 20 percent, according to a statement.
Bristol County companies receiving the funding were:
• Brascold Transport, Taunton: one APU and retrofit, valued at $13,886.
• Brazport Transportation, Raynham: one APU and retrofit, valued at $11,165.
• BRI Logistics, Taunton: three APUs and retrofits, valued at $33,495.
• Porter-Cooler Rentals, Swansea: three eTRUS, valued at $37,071.
• Pray Trucking Inc., Seekonk: five APUs and retrofits, valued at $55,824. •