Updated November 27 at 6:26am
272 results total, viewing 71 - 80
(Updated July 8 to correct information regarding the governor's budget proposal) Nothing in the new state budget appears to be able to help rescue the so-called "Superman Building," the iconic skyscraper in Providence that lost its last tenant in 2013. Where are its advocates? In previous years, when the owner of the … more
The Procaccianti Group is seeking a 12-year tax stabilization agreement, including a three-year introductory period with no property taxes, to level the Fogarty Building downtown and construct a nine-story, extended-stay hotel. more
The Top 5 Engineering Firms, ranked by number of local, licensed professional engineers. more
David C. Baud knows if he does unbelievable work on 99.9 percent of a job, the chances are that his client could get hung up on the 0.1 percent that wasn't up to snuff. That's why he aims for the clients of his family-owned construction … more
PROVIDENCE – R.I. Department of Environmental Management Sustainable Watersheds Administrator Scott Millar has been recognized by Grow Smart Rhode Island for his work promoting "desirable growth." Grow Smart gave Millar its Smart Growth … more
(Updated 3:02 and 4:51 p.m.) The Senate majority leader said he plans to introduce legislation Thursday that will create a tax stabilization standard for the Interstate 195 redevelopment corridor, one that would provide a 20-year phase-in for taxes. more
Amos House, a social service organization based in Providence, has embarked on construction of a 29,000-square-foot community center. The four-level structure, when completed in December 2015, will provide space for a new community kitchen with a … more
The University of Rhode Island's main campus this year is expanding with construction of a new academic center for chemistry and forensic science. The $67 million project will create a 134,600-square-foot academic building that includes research and … more
Behan Brothers Inc. will soon complete construction of the new Tiverton Public Library, which will cover 24,000 square feet and allow the town to expand its public-meeting space and children's programs. The project is $10.6 million, financed by the … more
The $220 million South Street Landing project moved forward Wednesday, with one city board authorizing zoning waivers for its eight-story parking garage, while another agency agreed to close-out an outstanding loan on the property. more
« Prev | 1 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 28 | Next »