(Updated, 4 p.m., Aug. 21)
PROVIDENCE – Some of the region’s most notable companies have been named in Providence Business News’ fourth Fastest-Growing & Innovative Companies awards program.
Companies with the largest percentage growth of revenue from 2012 to 2014 in four revenue size categories, along with the most innovative companies in each of 10 industry categories, will be feted on Sept. 17 at the Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick.
Five finalists for the fastest-growing companies were chosen in each of the four revenue categories based on their two-year revenue growth. Final top rankings in each of the four categories – $175,000 to $5 million, $5 million to $25 million, $25 million to $75 million, and $75 million and above – will be unveiled at the awards dinner.
Innovation winners in 10 industry categories – biotechnology and life sciences, education, energy and the environment, financial services, health care, information technology services, manufacturing and construction, nonprofits, professional services and technology – were selected for having a new product or process that has had a significant impact on the marketplace and/or the enterprise.
The 2015 Fastest-Growing Companies (listed alphabetically, grouped based on fiscal year 2014 revenue):
$175,000 to $5 million
- Fish Advertising
- Materials Science Associates LLC
- R&D Technologies
- Sage Cellars
- Westerly Community Credit Union
$5 million to $25 million
- ADI Energy
- Case Snow Management LLC
- MojoTech LLC
$25 million to $75 million
- Alliance Security
- Douglas Lumber Corp.
- Kahn, Litwin, Renza & Co. Ltd.
- Starkweather & Shepley Insurance Brokerage Inc.
$75 million and over
- Blount Fine Foods
- Corvias Group
- Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island
- Shawmut Design & Construction
The 2015 Innovation Winners (listed alphabetically by category):
- Biotechnology and life sciences: Medrobotics Corp.
- Education: University of Rhode Island Business Engagement Center
- Energy and the environment: Arpin Group Inc.
- Financial services: LGC+D/LeveragedSolutions
- Health care: Women’s Medicine Collaborative
- IT services: Atrion
- Manufacturing and construction: Astro-Med Inc.
- Nonprofits: Farm Fresh R.I.
- Professional services: TribalVision
- Technology: Swipely
The event recognizing the Fastest-Growing & Innovative Companies will take place Thursday, Sept. 17, from 5:30-8 p.m. at Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick.
Make plans to join the celebration by visiting the PBN Events page.
Presenting sponsor for the program is CBIZ Tofias. Partner sponsors are Cox Business, Fish Advertising, Gencorp Insurance Group, Innovex, UnitedHealthcare of New England and The Business Development Co.