PROVIDENCE – H. John Keimig, the CEO and president of Healthcentric Advisors, is being honored for Business Leadership in Providence Business News’ 16th annual Business Excellence Awards program one year after leading the health care quality improvement organization to the Excellence at a Nonprofit award.
Keimig has 30 years of health care experience leading hospital and consultancy organizations, the last nine of them at the helm of Healthcentric Advisors. Recently the organization received nearly $58 million in federal contracts to provide health care quality-improvement services to all six New England states, which has resulted in significant growth for the organization.
Joining Keimig as an individual honoree in this year’s BEA program is Edward O. “Ned” Handy III, the president and chief operating officer of The Washington Trust Co., who will be recognized for Corporate Citizenship by PBN.
In addition to his significant responsibilities as the No. 2 executive at the state’s largest community bank, Handy is deeply engaged in the region’s nonprofit and philanthropic world. He has served on the boards and advisory councils of Amos House, Crossroads Rhode Island, the Downtown Providence Parks Conservancy, the Greater Providence Chamber of Commerce, Providence College, the Providence Foundation, the Rhode Island Commodores, the Rhode Island Foundation, the Rhode Island Hospital Foundation and Salve Regina University. He also has been chair of the Hasbro Children’s Hospital Ball and the Governor’s Ball for Salve Regina.
Other winners include:
- Excellence at an Enterprise Company: Shawmut Design and Construction
- Excellence at a Large Company: Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island
- Excellence at a Mid-size Company: Ximedica
- Excellence at a Small Company: Province Mortgage Associates Inc.
- Community Involvement: Pawtucket Red Sox
- Excellence at a Social Service Agency: Sojourner House
- Excellence at a Nonprofit: Providence Warwick Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Excellence in Education and Learning: The Highlander Institute
- Entrepreneurship: A2B Tracking Solutions Inc.
- Excellence in Diversity: Tufts Health Plan
John E. Taylor Jr., the chairman of Twin River Worldwide Holdings Inc., is scheduled to be the keynote speaker at the Nov. 17 event, which will be held at the Providence Marriott..
Presenting sponsor for the 2015 Business Excellence Awards program is BlumShapiro, while partner sponsors are: Bryant University’s Executive Development Center, Cox Business, the Hilb Group and Partridge Snow & Hahn LLP.
For information, visit the PBN Events page.