AN INDEPENDENT LIVING RESOURCE FOR NEWPORT COUNTY RESIDENTS OVER 50
(Middletown, R.I.) — Child & Family announced today the launch of a brand new program, Living Well in Newport. A member-based program, Living Well in Newport will connect Newport County residents age 50+ to a network of resources. “We are delighted to offer this service,” stated Peter M. DiBari, President & CEO of Child and Family. “This program is designed to help provide a transitional lifestyle for area seniors, allowing them to live independently and comfortably in their homes for years to come.”
Inspired by the renowned Beacon Hill Village program in Boston, MA, Living Well in Newport is a one-stop resource, connecting members to a network of solutions. The program was designed and is managed by Child & Family, Newport County’s oldest and most recognized social service agency. According to Keith Tavares, Vice President of Institutional Advancement for Child and Family, “The number of Rhode Islanders age 55 and older has almost doubled as “Baby Boomers” reach retirement age. Living Well in Newport has brought together a collaborative group of professional service providers to meet the needs of this rapidly growing population.”
For as little as one dollar per day, Newport County seniors can gain access to a multitude of services. “We believe that membership to Living Well in Newport is affordable, and well worth the investment,” Tavares continued. “ Newport County residents age 50+ will have resources at their fingertips including a dedicated Concierge Service, access to quality Preferred Providers, discounts, special services, social activities, education programs, quality community based homecare and home health services.”
Michelle Duga, Executive Director of the Edward King Senior Center adds, “ As a social center for active adults over 50, providing an environment suitable for a wide spectrum of our aging population is extremely important to us. Living Well in Newport shares our commitment of providing access to necessary and needed services that allow a graceful and dignified aging process for seniors in our community.”
Living Well in Newport members are provided with a printed Preferred Provider Directory. They can also access the directory online or by simply calling the Living Well in Newport Concierge Service. In addition, members will be able to take advantage of a long and continuously expanding list of discounts and special offers from Living Well in Newport Preferred Providers and Strategic Partners, all part of what’s included in the Living Well in Newport membership fee.
“There are so many wonderful businesses involved in this program, we truly hope members take advantage of all the resources offered – I would if I were a member!” Annie Sherman, Managing Editor of Newport Life Magazine stated
You must be 50 years of age or older and live in Newport County to join. Memberships are good for one year from the month joined.
The Annual Membership Fee is $365 for an individual membership; $550 provides membership for up to two members of the same household, additional household members age 50+ can be added for an additional $150 per person.
“With the state and federal governments decreasing their support and funding for programs that are vital to our senior citizens, we are eager to participate in Living Well in Newport,” according to Patrick O’Neill Hayes, Jr., of Corcoran, Peckham, Hayes & Galvin. “This program will provide an affordable solution for services seniors could not find anywhere else.”
“Living Well in Newport provides seniors with the resources they need in order to age comfortably while continuing to live in their own home, within their own community,” Helen Grimaldi Director of Elder Services for Child and Family states. “This valuable service makes a wonderful gift with the added benefit of piece of mind for the gift giver.”
Membership benefits include:
Concierge Service: Information and Referral – one phone number connects you to the information and assistance you need for
• Coordination of services with vetted quality providers for everything from dog walkers to landscapers
• Discounts, special offers and priority service from most of Living Well in Newport
• Preferred Providers and Strategic Partner
• Volunteers to assist members with day-to-day errands, help at home, or to check-in once in a while to see how older members are doing
Health & Wellness
• Free Stay-at-Home Consultation through Visiting Nurse Services of Newport & Bristol Counties
• Free Daily Telephone Check-In Service (upon request) from Child & Family
• Free Fitness assessment and complimentary 6 weeks of membership to Newport Athletic Club
• Free Acupuncture consultation and 20% off initial visit at Newport Acupuncture and Wellness Spa
• Waived Installation Free for Lifeline Emergency Response Systems
• Regularly Scheduled Wellness and Education Seminars
• Discounts and Special Services for members like – 15% off complete eye wear purchases at Specs Eyecare, 20% off services at the Spa at Newport Marriott
Daily Living and Home Maintenance
• Access to volunteers who can help with those hard to handle tasks like shoveling, yard work, changing light bulbs, moving trash barrels and more
• Vetted service providers offering discounts on household and home maintenance services such as 20% off home repairs and handyman support through T.C.B. Residential Services, 20% off errand and home chore services through Island Errand and Labor and much more
• Resources for special needs like in-home hair stylists, organizing services, pet care, meals and nutrition.
Dining, Entertainment and Activities
• Free Membership to the Senior Center of your choice or to AARP
• Regularly scheduled member-only social events – coffees, lunch groups, dinners and cocktail parties
• Cultural and educational events – travel, film, seminars by Newport notables
• Special discount at Newport Art Museum for both Museum members and non-members
• Special offer from Newport Life Magazine: buy one year subscription, get the 2nd year free
• Special offers at area restaurants
Legal & Financial Services
• Free individual consultation and 10% off hourly rates for legal services through Corcoran, Peckham, Hayes & Galvin, P.C.
• Free Fraud Prevention Kit and Resource Guide through People’s Credit Union
• Free initial consultation and 25% off Financial Plan Program through Corrigan Financial
• Variety of Free Educational Seminars through BankNewport: Financial Literacy, Money Management, Identity Theft and Fraud Prevention
Preferred Provider Directory
• Your resource for services you require. Available in print, online (with login and password) or through the Living Well in Newport Concierge Service
Strategic Partners with Living Well in Newport:
Newport Restaurant Group
Blue Rocks Market
Newport Athletic Club
Newport Life Magazine
Visiting Nurse Services of Newport & Bristol Counties
Edward King Senior Center
The Spa at Newport Marriott
Corcoran, Peckham, Hayes & Galvin, P.C.
Newport Art Museum
Ocean Point Insurance, Inc.
Gustave White Sotheby’s International Realty
About Child and Family :
Child & Family is a private, 501(c) 3 Social Service Agency. Every day since 1866, members of the Newport County community have come together at C&F to receive help, to give help and to support the work of others. 365 days a year, C&F is working to provide compassionate care to all those who are in need. With an outstanding reputation, solid financial history and exceptional professional staff, C&F is the oldest and largest social service agency in Newport County. It is where people turn for help with personal and family emergencies and crisis.