Colonial-era house leased by Preserve Rhode Island for tenant farm

THE 1724-ERA Philip Walker House will be leased by Preserve Rhode Island to two farmers who plan to sell their crops at farmers markets. In this undated historical photo, the Philip Walker House is shown with an open porch. / COURTESY PRESERVE RHODE ISLAND
EAST PROVIDENCE – The Philip Walker House at 432 Massasoit Ave. has been leased by Preserve Rhode Island to a pair of tenant farmers who plan to grow vegetables on the site. The house, built in 1724, sits on a 1-acre lot. The new urban farm will be created by tenants Andrew Cook and Samuel…

Want More?

Subscribe or register with Providence Business News to keep reading.

REGISTER
for 2 more stories

Subscribe now for $1 for 4 weeks
Already a Subscriber? Login now

Purchase NowWant to share this story? Click Here to purchase a link that allows anyone to read it on any device whether or not they are a subscriber.

- Advertisement -

No posts to display