PROVIDENCE – Business tax debts in Rhode Island totaled $57.6 million at the end of fiscal 2019, according to the R.I. Department of Revenue.
The debts included eight business taxpayers that owe more than $1 million to the state, accounting for $16.7 million in unpaid tax, or 29% of all business debt.
Including those owing more than $1 million, 23 entities owed more than $500,000 in business tax to Rhode Island for a combined $26.6 million, or 46.2% of all delinquent business tax payments
The following are the top 10 debtors for business tax in the state, according to the R.I. Division of Taxation:
- S&P Temporary Services Inc., based in Attleboro: Owes $5.3 million
- Louis Q Clubhouse Inc., based in Lincoln: Owes $2.1 million
- New England Tobacco Inc., based in Fall River: Owes $2 million
- E I D Design LLC, based in East Berlin, Conn.: Owes $1.7 million
- Frank J. Ogarek, based in East Providence: Owes $1.6 billion
- RI Marble & Granite Inc., based in Cranston: Owes $1.5 million
- Persona Management Corp., based in East Greenwich: Owes $1.4 million
- Fernando Zonfrilli, based in Cranston: Owes $1.2 million
- FC Investors XIV LLC, based in Kennett Square, Penn.: Owes $876,704
- Edward S. Johnson, based in Uxbridge, Mass.: Owes $872,296
Want to share this story? Click Here to purchase a link that allows anyone to read it on any device whether or not they are a subscriber.