PROVIDENCE – Delta Dental of Rhode Island has gifted more than $1.5 million to support programs, clinics and professionals working to provide oral health care to those in need in the Ocean State.
The gift amount was spread out among six organizations:
- Blackstone Valley Community Health Care: $200,000
- Providence Community Health Centers: $200,000
- Rhode Island Mission of Mercy: $60,000
- Rhode Island Free Clinic: $100,000 per year over five years
- Rhode Island KIDS COUNT: $50,000 per year over five years
- Thundermist Health Center: $350,000
“We value our strong relationships with our community partners, particularly those that help Rhode Islanders who routinely face barriers of access and affordability in caring for their oral health,” said Joseph A. Nagle, president and CEO of Delta Dental of Rhode Island, in a statement. “We tailor our corporate philanthropy strategically to support entities that focus on meeting the needs of our state’s most vulnerable citizens.”
The gifts were cash donations.