PROVIDENCE – Edible Rhody announced its 2018 Local Hero Award winners Friday.
Winners are based on reader votes and are announced each spring.
The winners are as follows:
- For the category of Farm/Farmer: Tess Brown-Lavoie, Laura Brown-Lavoie, Sarah Turkus of Sidewalk Ends Farm in Providence and Seekonk.
- For the category of Chef/Restaurant: Jeanie Roland of Ella’s Fine Food & Drink in Westerly.
- For the category of Food Artisan: Ziggy Goldfarb of Fox Point Pickles, produced at Hope & Main in Warren.
- For the category of Beverage Artisan: Mike Rappucci of Sons of Liberty Spirits Co., of South Kingstown.
- For the category of Food, Wine or Retail Shop: Sweet Berry Farm in Middletown.
- For the category of Food Related Nonprofit: The Johnnycake Center of Peace Dale in South Kingstown.
- Advertisement -