- This event has passed.
2017 Workplace Excellence, Diversity & Inclusion
December 7, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 am$60 – $119
When: Thursday, December 7th
Place: Crowne Plaza, Grand Ballroom
Time: 8:30 – 11:30am
$60 per person/includes full breakfast
There is a global shift in understanding diversity and inclusion and its place in the corporate world. It is no longer solely a gender or race issue. Today it means much more. It now encompasses ethnicity, sexual orientation, cultural differences, religious affiliation and disability. It can also be generational (baby boomers vs generation X vs millennials), as well as personality and thinking style.
Most importantly, it’s not just having diversity in a company or meeting the needs of an individual, but about leveraging diversity to create workplace excellence, advance employees and produce better products and services for clients.
Learn Best Practices from some of the top companies who focus on Diversity & Inclusion
Studies show that diversity and inclusion efforts are worthwhile. Companies who recognize this and have been successful will share some of their best practices, including:
- Building an inclusive environment
- Focusing on a corporate wide, global initiative vs a single group of workers
- Extending efforts beyond simply hiring a diverse workforce to developing employee retention programs (i.e. mentoring programs, employee resource groups, multicultural talent management, e-learning modules)
- Treating Diversity & Inclusion as a work in progress, not a one-off initiative
- Applying multiple practices and measures to gauge success
- Ensuring leaders model diversity and inclusion to set the tone for others
- Recognizing the connection with innovation that a diverse workforce can bring
Panelists to date include:
- Stephanie Huckel, Culture & Diversity Manager, BCBSRI
- Juan Lopera, VP Business Diversity, Tufts Health Plan
- Naomi Ruth Thompson, Chief Diversity Officer, University of Rhode Island
- Lisa Whiting, Chief HR Officer, Neighborhood Health Plan of R