- This event has passed.
2018 Diversity & Inclusion Summit and Awards Program
December 5, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am$75
When: Wednesday, December 5th
Place: Crowne Plaza, PLAZA Ballroom, Warwick
Time: 8:00 – 11am/7:30am Registration
Online registration has closed.
A limited number of tickets will be available at the door.
- Greg Almieda, Founder & CEO, Global View Communications
- Guillaume Bagal, Lead Diversity & Inclusion Consultant, Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island
- Randy Martinez, Director, Strategic Diversity Management, CVS Health
- Kim Lee, VP of Diversity & Inclusion, IGT
- Juan Lopera, VP/ Marketing, Public Plans & Corporate Business Diversity Officer, Tufts Health Plan
- Defining Diversity & Inclusion in 2019 and beyond
- The corporate role of Diversity & Inclusion in the current political climate
- Overcoming unconscious bias in the workplace
- Building an inclusive environment through corporate-wide, ongoing initiatives
- Recognizing the connection with innovation and productivity that a diverse workforce can bring
- Developing employee retention programs
- Applying multiple practices and measures to gauge success
- Challenges to employee recruitment
- The value of diversity in leadership roles
10:00 A.M. – 10:15 A.M. – Break
10:15 A.M. – 11:00 A.M. – Awards Ceremony
- Architecture/Construction/Design – Shawmut Design and Construction
- Education – Rhode Island Nurses Institute Middle College
- Financial Services – Bank of America Corp.
- Government – R.I. Judiciary
- Health Care – Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island
- Nonprofit/Social Service Agency – Social Enterprise Greenhouse
- Professional Services – Amica Mutual Insurance Co.
- Overall Diversity Champion – Cheryl Burrell , RI Dept of Administration, Office of Diversity, Equity and Opportunity
Sponsorship & Exhibitor Table opportunities available. Contact 680-4800 or email Advertising@pbn.com