2020 Diversity & Inclusion Summit and Awards Program
December 10 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
When: Thursday, December 10, 2020
PBN’s Diversity & Inclusion Summit and Awards Program is a hybrid event. The award portion of the event will recognize companies and leaders who have made significant strides implementing diversity and inclusion within their organizations. The summit portion of the event will include a panel of experts will share struggles, successes and best practices in implementing successful diversity and inclusion programs.
Panel Discussion – 9:00-10:15am
The dramatic economic disruption resulting from the COVID-19 global pandemic and the unprecedented level of protests linked to racial injustice place greater pressure on companies to use Diversity & Inclusion initiatives to deliver meaningful cultural change and positive business results.
The panelists are:
- Kevin Nerney, Rhode Island Developmental Disabilities Council director
- Lisa Ranglin, Rhode Island Black Business Association founder, CEO and president and Citizens Bank N.A. vice president and program manager
- Neil D. Steinberg, Rhode Island Foundation CEO and president
- Steve Sublett, CBIZ Benefits & Insurance Services senior vice president and CBIZ Life Insurance Solutions CEO
The discussion will be moderated by Kevin Matta, director of client engagement and inclusion for Advancing Workplace Excellence; director of communications for Diversity & Inclusion Professionals Inc.; and director of diversity, equity and inclusion for the Rhode Island Society for Human Resource Management.
- Defining & Leveraging Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging in the corporate work environment
- Effective workplace conversations on racism vs discrimination
- The importance of community engagement in an overall D&I strategy
- Supporting ‘equity’ in the workplace
- Opportunities for people with developmental disabilities in the RI workforce
- Rhode Island Foundation’s Equity Leadership Initiative
Awards Recognition – 10:15-11:00am
PBN will recognize RI companies and leaders who have made strides in leveraging Diversity & Inclusion to bring Workplace Excellence to their organizations.
The 2020 honorees who will be recognized at the event are:
- Overall Diversity Champion – Stephanie Huckel, International Game Technology Sr. global program manager of diversity and inclusion
- Accounting: Ernst & Young LLP
- Diversity Training: The Wilson Organization LLC
- Education: Rhode Island for Community and Justice
- Government: R.I. Office of Rehabilitation Services
- Health Care: Providence Community Health Centers Inc.
- Insurance/Financial Services: Amica Mutual Insurance Co.
- IT/Technology: Cox Communications Inc.
- Nonprofit: Women’s Fund of Rhode Island
- Social Services Agency: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Rhode Island
For sponsorship and advertising opportunities, email email@example.com or contact (401) 680-4800.