- This event has passed.
2020 Economic Trends Summit
February 13 @ 8:30 am - 11:00 am$65 – $124
Just a few days away, will we see you?
When: Thursday, February 13, 2020
Place: Crowne Plaza, PLAZA Ballroom, Warwick
Time: 8:30am – 11:00am
Registration begins at 7:45am and breakfast will be served.
(Tickets $65 pp/$650 per table)
PBN’s 2020 Economic Trends Summit will feature Keynote Speaker & Guest Moderator Thomas Tzitzouris, Director at Strategas Research Partners, who will provide a comprehensive economic overview and forecast for 2020.
This will be followed by a panel discussion with local business experts from various industry sectors providing thoughts on the state’s business trends.
PANEL TOPICS TO INCLUDE
- Where are we in the economic cycle and what can we expect in the near future?
- Are there still fears of an economic recession and if so, is RI any better positioned to ride out another recession than it has been in the past?
- What important trends should businesses be paying close attention to?
- How is low unemployment rate impacting talent acquisition and retention?
- U.S. manufacturing growth slowed dramatically last year. Were China tariffs the only reason for this? What can the industry in R.I. expect in 2020?
- What are some of the top disruptor influences on the economy? And what are
effective ways for businesses to adjust to them?
- What are the short- and long-term consequences of the current U.S. trade policy and
how do they affect local businesses?
- How can national politics, including the impeachment hearings, the 2020 elections and the recent conflict with Iran effect the state economy?
PANELISTS TO DATE
Luke Ebersold, RI Managing Partner, blumshapiro
Mark Gim, President & COO, Washington Trust
Stefan Pryor, RI Commerce Secretary
Thomas O. Sweeney, SIOR, Principal, Sweeney Real Estate & Appraisal
Kristin Urbach, Executive Director, North Kingstown Camber of Commerce
For sponsorship, advertising and exhibitor opportunities, email email@example.com or contact (401) 680-4800.