- This event has passed.
2020 The Business of Cannabis Summit
February 26 @ 8:30 am - 10:30 am$65 – $124
When: Wednesday, February 26, 2020
Place: Providence Omni Hotel, 1 W Exchange Street, Providence
Time: 8:30am – 10:30am
With the discussion of legalizing adult use marijuana in Rhode Island heating up, PBN’s 2020 Business of Cannabis Summit will feature a panel of various industry experts, business executives and community leaders to discuss the potential impact to the state. Also to be discussed are key issues facing the existing medical marijuana and hemp industries today.
Steve Hoffman, Chairman, Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission will provide opening remarks.
Panelists to date include:
- Kristyn M. Glennon, Vice President, BSA/AML Officer, BayCoast Bank
- Mitzi Hollenbeck, Partner, Cannabis Advisory Services Practice, Citrin Cooperman
- Benjamin L. Rackliffe, Partner, Pannone Lopes Devereaux & O’Gara
- Karyn Rhodes, VP/Partner, Complete HR Solutions ( a division of Complete Payroll Solutions)
The Evolution of the Cannabis Industry in RI – where are we now and where are we heading?
- What will it take to legalize adult use in the state?
- What are the financial costs/benefits of expanding legalization for the state? Are there potentially negatives impacts for the state in allowing neighbors to legalize adult use while Rhode Island does not?
- What are some of the business challenges current legal companies are facing? (financing, zoning, tax structure, drug testing etc.)
- What other challenges does the state and local municipalities, as well as others looking to get into this business, need to consider?
- What is the potential impact to employers in the state?
(Tickets $65 pp/$650 per table)
For sponsorship, advertising and exhibitor opportunities, email email@example.com or contact (401) 680-4800.