FALL RIVER – U.S. Bedding Inc. has made Fortune’s 2017 Inner City 100, a list of the fastest growing inner city companies in the United States.
The rankings were based on revenue growth over the five-year period between 2012 and 2016.
The list is curated for Fortune by the Initiative for a Competitive Inner City, a nonprofit research and advisory organization based in Roxbury, Mass. The rankings defined inner city companies as those headquartered in core urban area with higher unemployment and poverty rates, and lower median incomes than their surrounding metropolitan statistical areas as defined by the Initiative for a Competitive Inner City.
U.S. Bedding, a Fall River-based mattress and bedding manufacturer, ranked No. 18 on the list with a 2016 revenue of $7.8 million. The company’s revenue growth percentage was not disclosed in the rankings.
According to U.S. Bedding’s website, the company operates out of a 300,000-square-foot manufacturing facility with the capacity to make 1,500 mattresses as day.
No Rhode Island companies made the Inner City 100, however, several Massachusetts companies did:
- Proverb LLC, a marketing firm in Boston, ranked No. 20
- Red’s Best, a commercial fishing company in Boston, ranked No. 27
- Tantara Corp., a full-service construction and remediation company based in Worcester, Mass., with offices in Rhode Island and New Hampshire, ranked No. 36
- Tremendous Maid, a residential & commercial cleaning company in Boston, ranked No. 45
- Guardian Healthcare, a home health care provider based in Boston, ranked No. 64
- Pinck & Co., a construction management consulting firm based in Boston, ranked No. 76
- Protobrand Sciences Inc., a market researching company in Boston, ranked No. 86
Chris Bergenheim is the PBN web editor.