PROVIDENCE – The finalists for Cox Business’ Get Started Rhode Island pitch competition were announced this week.
Six startups will pitch their idea at a public event at the WaterFire Arts Center in Providence on Oct. 2 to compete for $50,000 in prizes, including $25,000 in cash.
This year’s finalists:
- Biotica Bio – A biotec company developing a microbiome-based therapeutic platform intended to treat endocannabanoid deficiencies such as inflammatory bowel disease.
- Furrfighters LLC – A company that has multiple products to remove pet hair, dust and dandruff from clothing, cars and furniture, among other things.
- NetQter – A cybersecurity company offering plug-and-play network compliance for military grade cybersecurity requirements.
- Retail MarketPoint Inc. – A real estate technology company specializing in site location analytics and evaluation of commercial space for retail locations or concepts.
- Tank Vision LLC – A company with a tank-monitoring solution designed to increase fuel delivery efficiency and to reduce costs, as well as prevent fuel run-outs.
- Uproot – A company that produces plant-based milks and distributes them to institutional settings such as university cafeterias.
The participants will pitch their business and their ideas to a panel of judges, including Shannon Shallcross, CEO and co-founder of BetaXAnalyitcs; Karl Wadensten, CEO and president of VIBCO Vibrators; Arnell Millhouse, CEO and co-founder of CareerDevs Computer Science University; and Patrice M. Milos, CEO, president and co-founder of Medley Genomics Inc., the winner of the Get Started Rhode Island competition in 2018.
“We are proud to once again return to the forefront of innovation and entrepreneurial genius that is on display in Rhode Island,” said Ross Nelson, vice president of Cox Business. “Hosting Get Started Rhode Island is one of the proudest moments for Cox Business, and we are thrilled to have such a deep and talented class of 2019 finalists.”
The competition will be moderated by Ken Kraft, vice president of marketing and sales operations for Cox Business.
Registration for the event is required and may be completed online.
Want to share this story? Click Here to purchase a link that allows anyone to read it on any device whether or not they are a subscriber.