Website The Town Dock
One of Rhode Island's Best Places to Work 2018 and 2019
VICE PRESIDENT OF FINANCE
The Town Dock is a family owned, growing business in the port of Galilee. We are the largest supplier of calamari in the United States. The Town Dock has received the following awards from Providence Business News: 8th Fastest Growing Private Company in 2016, Overall Excellence in a Mid-Size Company in 2017, Lean Management in 2018, ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in 2018 and 2019 and also received 4th Fastest Growing Company (in our size) in 2018.
The Town Dock is looking for a Vice President of Finance to join our team. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and works with a Senior Team within the company. The Controller and IT Manager report to this position. The VP of Finance is accountable for leading the financial and accounting aspects of the business. The position requires an individual who is both strategic and tactical, who can effectively work with all levels of employees.
Responsibilities for this position include:
· Direct, plan, develop, organize, implement, and evaluate the organization’s fiscal function and performance. Oversee all financial results, profitability, capital expenditures, tax planning, ensuring compliance with all federal, state, local, payroll, and property taxes. Accountable for all aspects of accounting operations.
· Develop and oversee the IT and business intelligence initiatives to align with the overall company strategy. Manage the internal IT department and work closely with outside vendors.
· Be an effective and respected senior leader of the organization. Exhibit effective leadership and management skills and become a champion of our core values. Exhibit both emotional intelligence and expertise in your area to positively impact the organization.
· Participate in the development of the corporation’s plans and programs as a strategic partner to the senior management team and CEO.
· Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
· Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the CEO/President and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
· Oversee and conduct the sales and inventory forecasting for the company, interfacing with the heads of Procurement and Sales, along with the controller and admin team to report on financial performance to plan. Focus on inventory positions to actual sales and sales forecasting to ensure limited supply chain gaps. Analyze and report on product line profitability, create sales forecasts and demand planning strategies in conjunction with the above departments to ensure appropriate inventory levels and valuations.
· Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
· Oversee all key relationships with outside vendors that impact finance, including our legal, accounting, and insurance vendor relationships. Coordinate and develop relationships with lending institutions.
· Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
· Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
· Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers and pension funds and investments.
· Provide strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs.
· Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the corporation may enter.
· Evaluate the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
Completes employee expectations, performance reviews and all other personnel related paperwork. Accountable for the team’s work performance and goal completion.
· Other finance and administrative duties as required
Ideal candidate will have:
A BA/BS in Accounting or Finance required, MBA and/or CPA preferred.
10+ years of progressively responsible experience in a manufacturing or food processing environment preferred.
· Strong knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including GAAP.
· Critical thinking and strong analytical skills for forecasting, consolidation of data and financial analysis.
PC proficiency including advanced competencies in MS Office products and demonstrated ability to produce presentations, spreadsheets, graphs, and charts.
Excellent leadership, management, communication, and negotiation skills.
Ability to lead and motivate others, fostering an environment of continuous improvement.
Strong organizational skills with the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
Ability to effectively communicate financial information to all levels of the organization.
Skill in establishing priorities to meet deadlines.
Ability to think critically by using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Translate business process into measurable outcomes.
Internally motivated to complete objectives on time and on budget.
Add value to the Town Dock team by providing guidance and experience in meaningful ways.
· A strong belief and commitment to continuous learning and improvement, positive attitude, teamwork, accountability and ethical behavior.
Compensation depends on skill and experience.
This is a full-time opportunity with competitive pay, plus benefits — Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, Vision, FSA, 401K with company match and PTO and Sick time.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com