PROVIDENCE – Providence Business News has announced the winners of its 2018 C-Suite Awards Friday, recognizing top C-level executives for public, private and nonprofit entities who are innovators, trailblazers, role models and leaders in the community.
PBN named Mim L. Runey, chief operating officer of Johnson & Wales University and president of its Providence campus as the Career Achiever. Runey became president of the Providence campus in 2011.
Runey serves on several boards and was recently appointed the president of the board of directors and trustees of the Rhode Island Public Expenditure Council, a role she will begin April 1.
Mark Stewart of Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island was the sole awardee for chief financial officer in the C-Suite awards this year.
In the Chief Human Resources and People Officer category the following executives were recognized:
- Nonprofit: Tammy Lederer, chief human resource officer of Brown Medicine
- Large Private Company: Rachelle Handfield, executive vice president of human resources at Collette
- Enterprise Private Company: Lisa Abbott, senior vice president of human resources for Lifespan
- Public Company: Lisa Ahart, vice president of U.S. corporate human resources for Toray Plastics (America) Inc.
Joseph O’Connell, vice president of business development at Astronova Inc., was the sole recipient of the PBN Chief Marketing Officer/Business Development Officer award this year.
For the category Chief Nursing Officer, PBN recognized Barbara Riley, senior vice president for patient care services and chief nursing officer for Rhode Island Hospital and Hasbro Children’s Hospital.
Lisa Dandeneau, executive vice president and chief operating officer for Navigant Credit Union, the sole recipient of the 2018 Chief Operating Officer award.
For the category of Chief Information/Technology Officer, PBN recognized:
- Nonprofit: Jacques Laflamme, the chief information officer for New England Institute of Technology.
- Small private company: Randall Jackvony, principal of technology and client services for Trilix Inc.
This year, PBN recognized Kyrie Perry, chief public affairs officer for HealthSource RI, with the 2018 C-Suite Rising Star award.
An awards dinner and ceremony to celebrate the 2018 winners will be held April 26 at the Omni Providence Hotel from 5:30–8 p.m.
This year the C-Suites presenting sponsor is KPMG LLC; partner sponsor is the Hilb Group New England.
Tickets are available through the PBN website.
Want to share this story? Click Here to purchase a link that allows anyone to read it on any device whether or not they are a subscriber.