PROVIDENCE – Providence Business News has announced its winners for its second annual 25 Leaders & Achievers Awards program honoring local business leaders.
The individuals chosen for this year’s program were selected from a large pool of nominees based on their leadership, achievements and longstanding commitment to commitment to the business community, as well as a sustained demonstration of leading others, community service and mentoring in the region. The executives honored in this year’s program work in various industries and sectors, including health care, government, nonprofit, real estate, finance and manufacturing.
Each honoree will be profiled in an upcoming special section as part of PBN’s Aug. 21-27 digital edition. The virtual ceremony honoring the 25 individuals will be held Aug. 20.
The 2020 25 Leaders & Achievers honorees (listed alphabetically), along with their business and job titles, are:
- Sue Babin, Rhode Island Developmental Disabilities Council, director of special projects
- Margaret Brooks, Rhode Island Jump$tart Coalition, president
- Bob Burke, Pot au Feu Restaurant/Independence Trail, founder and owner
- Richard DeRienzo, Citrin Cooperman, firm advisory services leader
- John Galvin, AAA Northeast, CEO and president
- Marie L. Ganim, R.I. Office of the Health Commissioner, commissioner
- Michael Giuttari, MG Commercial, president
- Dr. Peter Hollmann, Brown Medicine, chief medical officer
- Steven Horowitz, Saint Elizabeth Community, retired CEO and president
- John MacDonald, Crossroads Rhode Island, vice president of adult services
- Edward “Ned” McCrory, PKF O’Connor Davies, certified public accountant and managing partner
- Avishai Nevel, Rhode Island-Israel Collaborative, founder and CEO
- Patricia Raskin, Raskin Resources Productions, owner and CEO
- Brad Read, Sail Newport, executive director
- Emily Reade, Reade Advanced Materials, president
- Dennis Roy, East Bay Community Action Program, CEO and president
- Lauren Slocum, Central Rhode Island Chamber of Commerce, CEO and president
- Tom Stocker, Owner’s Edge LLC, managing director
- Thomas Sweeney, Sweeney Real Estate & Appraisal, principal
- Nancy Thomas, Tapestry Communications, owner
- Merrill Thomas, Providence Community Health Centers Inc., CEO and president
- Kevin Tracy, Bank of America Corp., market executive
- Melissa Travis, Rhode Island Society of Certified Public Accountants, CEO and president
- Karl Wadensten, VIBCO Inc., CEO and president
- Scott Wragg, CBIZ Inc., managing officer
(CORRECTION: Steven Horowitz was previously not identified as being retired from Saint Elizabeth Community.)
Want to share this story? Click Here to purchase a link that allows anyone to read it on any device whether or not they are a subscriber.