PROVIDENCE – In a recent email, the Rhode Island Philharmonic Orchestra announced five dates, from early June through September, on which it will hold special events.
The schedule, which commences with the 2018 gala fundraiser Bernstein on Broadway: Glitter and Be Gala and concludes with Pops in the Park, is as follows:
- Bernstein on Broadway: Glitter and Be Gala will be held at 3 p.m. Sunday, June 3, at Veterans Memorial Auditorium in Providence. Tickets start at $25.
- Rhode Island Philharmonic Summer Pops presented by Citizens Bank will be held at 8 p.m. Friday, July 13, at Narragansett Town Beach in Narragansett, with a rain date of Saturday, July 14. Admission is free.
- Rhode Island Foundation Presents RWP Pops with the RI Philharmonic Orchestra will be held at 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 10, at the Roger Williams Park Temple to Music in Providence, with a rain date of Saturday, Aug. 11. Admission is free.
- Rhode Island Philharmonic Summer Pops presented by TACO/The White Family Foundation will be held at 6 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 2, at Independence Park in Bristol, with a rain date of Monday, Sept. 3. Admission is free.
- Pops in the Park: Rhode Island Philharmonic presented by the Pawtucket Teachers’ Union, Bristol County Savings Bank, and the City of Pawtucket will be held at 5:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 8, at Slater Memorial Park in Pawtucket, with a rain date of 3 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 9. Admission is free.
For more information, visit riphil.org.