NEW BEDFORD – Twenty-two businesses have been chosen as nominees for Apex Business of the Year Awards by the SouthCoast Chamber of Commerce. From that group, winners in each of the four categories will be recognized at the Chamber’s annual event, which will be held at the Greasy Luck Brewery in New Bedford on May 23.
The nominees will be judged for “their contributions and commitment to the community.” A selection committee, made up of leaders from various local organizations, will interview finalists chosen from among the finalists.
The award ceremony will be held from 5-7 p.m. on May 23; tickets for the events are $55 per person. Registration is available online at southcoastchamber.com.
A full list of the Apex Business of the Year Award nominees is as follows:
- All American Assisted Living at Wareham
- BayCoast Bank
- Brahmin Leatherworks
- Cape Cod Five Cent Savings Bank
- Taunton Federal Credit Union
- Tegra Medical
- Acorn Management
- Churrascaria Novo Mundo
- Days Sports
- Gateway Printing
- Servpro of New Bedford and Darmouth and Servpro of Marion and Middleboro
- Simply Sierra Jewelry
- Better Community Living
- New Bedford Homeless Advocates
- New Bedford Symphony Orchestra
- PAACA – Positive Action Against Chemical Addiction
- Rise Up
- SouthCoast RAPPP (Responsible Attitudes toward Pregnancy, Parenting and Prevention) Program
- YOU (Youth Opportunities Unlimited)
- Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical High School
- Lance Soares’ Family Martial Arts Center Inc.
- Our Sisters’ School
Lauren Aratani is a PBN contributing writer.