Monday, August 17, 2026

TOPICS

Home Tags Offshore Wind

Tag: Offshore Wind

Virginia offshore wind developer sues over Trump administration order halting projects

NORFOLK, Va. (AP) – The developers of a Virginia offshore wind project are asking a federal judge to block a Trump administration order that...

Federal judge throws out Trump order blocking development of wind energy

WASHINGTON (AP) – A federal judge on Monday struck down President Donald Trump’s executive order blocking wind energy projects, saying the effort to halt...

Good news for Revolution Wind. Bad news for Rhode Island union...

Orimartin Lima’s graduation from a weeklong offshore wind safety training program on Oct. 24 was bittersweet. The completion of the global certification through the Community...
Christine E. Dieter

Dieter to chair R.I. chapter of Environmental Business Council of New...

CHRISTINE E. DIETER, a partner at the Hinckley, Allen & Snyder LLP law firm in Providence, was recently named chairperson of the Environmental Business...

Report: Orsted to reduce workforce by 20% due to offshore wind...

PROVIDENCE – Orsted A/S, the developer behind Revolution Wind, the 704-megawatt  offshore wind project off the coast of Rhode Island, plans to cut 20%...

Federal judge overturns ‘arbitrary and capricious’ work stoppage of Revolution Wind

PROVIDENCE – Construction can now resume on the Revolution Wind project after a federal judge on Monday overturned the Trump administration’s Aug. 22 stop-work...

Feds reveal specific national security concerns behind Revolution Wind shutdown

PROVIDENCE – The U.S. Department of the Interior has detailed its national security concerns behind last month’s shutdown of the Revolution Wind project, citing...

Report: Trump admin. ‘in discussions’ to resume Revolution Wind project

PROVIDENCE – U.S. Interior Secretary Doug Burgum said the Trump administration is “in discussions” to potentially allow work to resume on the Revolution Wind...

R.I., Orsted mount legal challenges to Trump’s stop-work order for Revolution...

PROVIDENCE – Attorney General Peter F. Neronha, with Conn. Attorney General William Tong, filed a federal lawsuit Thursday challenging the stop-work order for Revolution...

Orsted eager to get Revolution Wind ‘back on track’; lawsuit possible

PROVIDENCE – Orsted A/S, the Danish developer behind Revolution Wind, on Wednesday said it is fighting to restart the project and is considering a...
- Featured Event -

Latest News