PROVIDENCE – Mayor Jorge O. Elorza on Tuesday announced the launch of the city’s fifth annual #ThinkPVD campaign, which will offer free two-hour parking in select commercial districts starting Nov. 29 at an event at Plant City.
The program also highlights year-round discounts at participating businesses, as well as discounts to local attractions, including Roger Williams Park and the Providence Rink, through the city’s municipal card system.
“We know that every dollar spent at our small businesses is a dollar reinvested in the community, supporting our families and our city’s identity as the Creative Capital,” said Elorza in a statement. “Our small businesses are the backbone of our economy and while we shop this holiday season, let’s remember to give back to them. Whether you are interested in our vibrant culinary scene, our unique shops and gifts, or sharing a memorable experience with your loved ones that will last a lifetime – Providence has something for you.”
The program is designed to promote local shopping at small businesses and restaurants, and to support local entrepreneurs. It coincides with the national Small Business Saturday on Nov. 30.
Free two-hour parking locations this year:
- Atwells Avenue – Bradford Street to Knight Street
- Spruce Street – Dean Street to Acorn Street
- Dean Street – Atwells Avenue to West Exchange Street
- Acorn Street – Spruce Street to Atwells Avenue
- Bradford Street – Atwells Avenue to Jones Street
- Bond Street – Atwells Avenue to Spruce Street
- Broad Street – Public Street to Montgomery Street
- Downtown Providence – bounded by Fountain Street, Memorial Boulevard, Weybosset Street, Empire Street and Friendship Street (from Dyer Street to Dorrance Street)
- Hope Street – Rochambeau Avenue to Blackstone Boulevard
- North Main Street – Thomas Street to Park Row
- Olneyville Square – Route 10 to Sydney Street and Delaine Street to Atwood Street to Magnolia Street
- South Main Street – James Street to Packet Street
- Point Street – From Eddy Street to East Franklin Street
- Thayer Street – Bowen Street to Waterman Street
- Wayland Square – East Angell Street/Angell Street to Gano Street and Wayland Avenue from Angell Street to Pitman Street
- Wickenden/Ives – Wickenden Street at Benefit Street to Ives Street at Preston Street
Want to share this story? Click Here to purchase a link that allows anyone to read it on any device whether or not they are a subscriber.