PROVIDENCE – The Rhode Island Business Competition announced six finalists for the organization’s 2019 competition Thursday.
The 6 selections were made from 68 applicants and 12 semifinalists. The finalists will compete for prizes valued at $185,000, with winners being announced at an event on May 7 at the New England Medical Innovation Center, following the presentation of each business idea.
- Biotica Bio– A company that has developed an oral microbial therapeutic to track inflammatory bowel disease and other endocannabinoid deficiencies
- CBC Wind Energy– A company developing wind turbines for homes and other structures
- goTeff– The company has developed a ready-to-eat breakfast food from the Ethiopian grain Teff
- H20k Innovations– The company is using artificial intelligence data to map sources of contamination in underground pipes
- Marine Monitoring– The company is developing a product to detect harmful bacteria in freshwater and marine environments to ensure community safety
- Uproot– A company that has developed a dispenser of non-dairy milks for use in cafeterias and food service operations