PROVIDENCE – Several Rhode Island institutions were voted among the best in New England in the Conde Naste Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards this week.
The awards were the results of roughly 600,000 registered voters’ choices, evaluating hotels, resorts, spas, cities, islands and airports in the United States and the world at large.
The Chanler at Cliff Walk in Newport was named the No. 1 hotel in New England this year by readers, followed by the Mayflower Inn & Spa, Auberge Resorts Collection, in Washington, Conn., at No. 2.
Rhode Island hotels voted among the top 30 in New England in 2019:
- Gilded, located in Newport, was ranked No. 7.
- Stone House, located in Little Compton, ranked No. 15.
- The Vanderbilt, Auberge Resorts Collection, located in Newport, ranked No. 19.
- The Attwater, located in Newport, ranked No. 22.
- The Break, located in Narragansett, ranked No. 27.
Among the top 25 resorts in New England, The Ocean House, located in Westerly, was named No. 5 this year, and Gurney’s Newport Resort & Marina was ranked No. 25.
Want to share this story? Click Here to purchase a link that allows anyone to read it on any device whether or not they are a subscriber.