PROVIDENCE – Ten law firms with operations in Rhode Island received national rankings in the 2019 U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms rankings released Friday.
This year, 89 law firms with operations in the Ocean State received at least one regional ranking for their Rhode Island practice. This year’s rankings recognize firms across 75 different areas of practice in three tiers, with tier one as the highest bestowed honor.
The following practices with Rhode Island operations received national rankings:
- Nixon Peabody LLP: 35 national rankings consisting of 13 tier one rankings, 12 tier two rankings and 10 tier three rankings
- Locke Lord LLP: 32 national rankings consisting of 14 tier one rankings, 12 tier two rankings and six tier three rankings
- Brown Rudnick LLP: 10 national rankings consisting of three tier 1 rankings, two tier two rankings and five tier three rankings
- Burns & Levinson LLP: Eight national rankings consisting of three tier one rankings and five tier three rankings
- Pierce Atwood LLP: Seven national rankings consisting of one tier one ranking, four tier two rankings and two tier three rankings
- Hinckley Allen & Snyder LLP: Four national rankings consisting of one tier one ranking and three tier two rankings
- Robinson & Cole LLP: Four national rankings consisting of two tier two rankings and two tier three rankings
- Partridge Snow & Hahn LLP: Two national rankings, both of which were in tier three
- Barret & Singal: One tier three national ranking
- Motley Rice LLC: One tier one national ranking
To see the specific areas of practice that firms with operations in Rhode Island earned, including all 89 regionally ranked firms for 2019, visit the U.S. News website. A note: The regional ranking tally on the U.S. News & World Report site includes all regional awards a firm was awarded from all markets, tiers and areas of practice.