38 Studios investigation closes

THE PROPOSED $16 million settlement with First Southwest Co., a former financial adviser for the state when it invested $75 million into the now defunct video game company 38 Studios LLC, will be heard in court on Feb. 9.
THE PROPOSED $16 million settlement with First Southwest Co., a former financial adviser for the state when it invested $75 million into the now defunct video game company 38 Studios LLC, will be heard in court on Feb. 9.
PROVIDENCE – The 38 Studios criminal investigation is now closed, Attorney General Peter F. Kilmartin said Friday, even though he said he was ready to reopen it in the wake of the last civil settlement being reached earlier this week. Kilmartin’s announcement comes two days after R.I. Commerce Corp. said it has reached a $16…

Want More?

Subscribe or register with Providence Business News to keep reading.

REGISTER
for 2 more stories

Subscribe now for $1 for 4 weeks
Already a Subscriber? Login now

Purchase NowWant to share this story? Click Here to purchase a link that allows anyone to read it on any device whether or not they are a subscriber.

- Advertisement -