A century in the heart of downtown

HERE TO STAY: What is now Brown, Lisle/Cummings opened in 1912, moving into the Turk's Head Building the following year. Pictured above are firm members, from left: Scott Lisle, Joe McGinn, Jonathan Knowles, David Izzi, John Marginson, Peter Lisle and Louie Murphy. / PBN PHOTO/RUPERT WHITELEY
HERE TO STAY: What is now Brown, Lisle/Cummings opened in 1912, moving into the Turk's Head Building the following year. Pictured above are firm members, from left: Scott Lisle, Joe McGinn, Jonathan Knowles, David Izzi, John Marginson, Peter Lisle and Louie Murphy. / PBN PHOTO/RUPERT WHITELEY
Amidst the ever-changing face of downtown Providence remains an investment firm that has endured. Brown, Lisle/Cummings Inc., opened its doors in the heart of the city’s financial district in 1912. The following year it moved into the newly constructed Turk’s Head Building. Despite the Great Depression, two world wars, a Great Recession and numerous market…

Register to keep reading or subscribe today and receive unlimited access.
Register Now Already a Subscriber? Login now

Purchase NowWant to share this story? Click Here to purchase a link that allows anyone to read it on any device whether or not they are a subscriber.

No posts to display