PROVIDENCE – Manufacturers in Rhode Island and Bristol County, Mass., have until Jan. 23 to submit applications for the sixth annual PBN Manufacturing Awards.
PBN is accepting applications for 15 award categories. Manufacturers are permitted to apply for more than one category.
Honorees will be celebrated at a dinner awards ceremony at the WaterFire Arts Center on March 13 from 5:30 to 8 p.m. and will be profiled in print in a PBN special section.
Award winners will be selected by a panel of judges, which may include past winners
Applications for the awards, as well as previews of the applications, may be found on the PBN website.
Application categories include:
- Strategic Leadership Award (for an individual)
- Overall Excellence at a Small Manufacturer (fewer than 50 employees)
- Overall Excellence at a Mid-size Manufacturer (50-150 employees)
- Overall Excellence at a Large Manufacturer (more than 150 employees)
- Overall Excellence at an Enterprise Manufacturer (more than 500 employees)
- Emerging Manufacturer (in business less than 10 years)
- Product Innovation & Design
- Supply Chain Excellence
- International & Domestic Exporting
- Workforce Development & Productivity
- Lean Management
- Green Manufacturing
- Excellence in Safety Performance and Records
- Collaboration between Manufacturers
- Family-Owned Company
Last year, Tia Bush, former vice president of site operations for Amgen Rhode Island and now senior vice president of quality at Amgen Inc., was honored with the Strategic Leadership Award, while Amgen was bestowed the Overall Excellence Award among companies with more than 500 local employees.
The full list of winners may be viewed here.
This year’s presenting sponsor is Polaris MEP. Partner sponsors include Amgen, blumshapiro, Bryant University, Cox Business and Gallo|Thomas Insurance.