PROVIDENCE – The Arts & Business Council of Rhode Island has announced the slate of honorees for its 17th Annual Encore Arts & Business Awards, celebrating the synergy between the state’s arts scene and business community.
The 2007 honorees are:
* Fidelity Investments, receiving the top Encore Award.
* Opera Providence, receiving the Jabez Gorham Award.
* Erik Bright & Kathleen Pletcher, receiving the Arts Advocate Award.
* Mihailo Djuric, artistic director of Festival Ballet Providence, receiving the Individual Achievement in Performing Arts Award.
* Howie Sneider, of The Steel Yard, receiving the Individual Achievement in Visual Arts Award.
* Bowen’s Wharf, receiving the Small Business Award.
* Brenda Nagle, receiving the BVA Consultant Of The Year Award.
* Providence Mayor David N. Cicilline and the Office of Arts Culture and Tourism, receiving the Special Recognition Award.
They will be honored March 1 at The Plant, 60 Valley St., Providence, where cocktails will be followed by the 6:30 p.m. “awards and entertainment celebration.” A 7:15 networking reception will feature foods by some of the state’s top chefs. It will give way to an “after party” with electronic and atmospheric dance music. The evening will include performances by Festival Ballet Providence, Opera Providence and others.
For more information or for tickets to the event – themed “Evolving the Creative Connection” – call the Arts & Business Council of Rhode Island at 621-6127 or visit www.artsandbusinessri.org.