PROVIDENCE – The Get Started Rhode Island pitch competition finalists have been selected, Cox Business announced Tuesday.
The event, which will be held at the WaterFire Arts Center on Oct. 4 from 5:30-8:30 p.m., will feature seven companies, which will compete for a prize package valued at up to $50,000.
The following companies were selected:
- Medley Genomics – A company dedicated to addressing the challenges of genomic heterogeneity in the diagnosis and treatment of complex diseases.
- Racer X Inc. – The creators of the Snap4That app, designed to allow companies to directly communicate with customers and to allow for more effective collection of customer information.
- OURgrain – A company that turns beer brewers’ spent grain into flour.
- TextUp – The company behind a cloud-based phone system tailored for the needs of social workers and nonprofit workers.
- Rhodeside Revival LLC – The company provides a curbside composting program to reduce landfill waste while providing compost to customers, schools, farms, parks and beaches of Rhode Island.
- Cloud Agronomics – A company that uses solar-powered drones with remote sensing technology to analyze crop growth.
- ReliaBra – A company creating backless and strapless “sticky bras” with removable and replaceable adhesives.
This year’s moderator is Ken Kraft, senior vice president of marketing and sales operations for Cox Business.
This year’s judges include Shannon Shallcross, co-founder and CEO of BetaXAnalytics, Karl Wadensten, president and CEO of VIBCO Vibrators, Matt Tortota, cofounder and CEO of Crave Food Systems and PBN’s Chris Bergenheim, web editor.
Registration is free, but is required to attend the event.