PROVIDENCE – The average price of self-serve, regular, unleaded gasoline in Rhode Island was $2.84 per gallon Monday, a rise of 3 cents from one week prior and 6 cents higher than the national average.
Prices in the state were 92 cents lower one year prior.
“While we saw little price fluctuation at the pump in April, we’re likely to see much larger increases as demand for gasoline begins to increase, especially as Memorial Day and the busy summer travel season approaches,” said Lloyd Albert, senior vice president of public and government affairs for AAA Northeast. “Both demand and supply have steadily increased over the last several weeks.”
- Midgrade gas in Rhode Island averaged $3.14 per gallon this week.
- Premium gas averaged $3.38 per gallon.
- Diesel fuel averaged $3.02 per gallon.
The average price of regular gas in Massachusetts was $2.80 per gallon Monday, a rise of 3 cents week to week and 87 cents year over year.
- Midgrade gas in the Bay State averaged $3.07 per gallon this week.
- Premium gas averaged $3.30 per gallon.
- Diesel fuel averaged $3.01 per gallon.
Want to share this story? Click Here to purchase a link that allows anyone to read it on any device whether or not they are a subscriber.