PROVIDENCE – The Rhode Island Black Business Association announced the recipients of its 2018 Business Awards Program Wednesday.
The awards will be publicly honored at RIBBA’s 7th annual Business Awards Gala on Oct. 5 at 6 p.m. at the Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick in Warwick.
“I congratulate the award recipients,” Lisa Ranglin, president of the Rhode Island Black Business Association, said in a statement. “We received dozens of nominations this year. These individuals and companies we considered the best in their league and are worthy of this recognition.”
There were seven awards announced in total (alphabetized by recipient):
- Young Entrepreneurship Award – William Cedano, Met High School – graduated, 2018
- George T. Downing Business Leadership Award – Keno Mullings, owner, The Mullings Group
- Isaac Rice Entrepreneurship Award – Christine Paige, owner of Bliss Salon
- Christiana Bannister Community Service Award – Esther Price, executive director at St. Martin de Porres Center
- The Allen Brothers Business Award – Dorothy Silva, founder of DEMCO LLC
- Corporate Leadership Award – Mary Schwarz, senior vice president, head of governance and standards at Citizens Bank
- Member of the Year – Melvin Veasley