NEWPORT – The Southeastern New England Defense Industry Alliance’s fifth annual Defense Innovation Days will take place on Monday through Wednesday, the alliance reiterated Friday.
This year’s agenda features seven keynote speakers as well as discussions that include the entire Rhode Island congressional delegation.
The Defense Innovation Days event was designed to bring together companies that are developing technological innovations that can be implemented in war and national security with policy makers that steer the nation’s defense strategy.
The event will be held at the Newport Marriott and is sold out, with more than 350 attendees and 27 organizations exhibiting their technology.
The event will have panels on undersea technology, navy shipbuilding requirements and technology initiatives for the warfighter session.
The event starts on Monday at 3 p.m., with a cocktail reception from 4:30-7 p.m.
This year’s keynote speakers are:
- James “Hondo” Geurts, assistant secretary of the Navy, research, development & acquisition
- U.S. Sen. Jack F. Reed, D-R.I.
- Rear Admiral Kathleen Creighton, deputy director, Joint Force Headquarters – Department of Defense Information Network
- Vice Admiral William Merz, deputy chief of naval operations for Warfare Systems
- Eric Evans, director, MIT Lincoln Laboratory
- Vice Admiral David Johnson, principal military deputy, assistant secretary of the Navy, research, development & acquisition
- Donald McCormack, executive director, Naval Surface and Undersea Warfare Centers