PROVIDENCE – Five Rhode Island-headquartered businesses and three Bristol County, Mass., businesses were named to the 2019 Inc. 5000 list.
The program measures revenue growth of private companies from 2015 to 2018 and ranked by percentage growth. The minimum revenue for the 2019 list was $2 million in 2018.
Freestar, an advertising and marketing firm headquartered in Phoenix, Ariz., ranked No. 1 this year with three-year revenue growth of 36,680% to $36.9 million. The highest revenue of any company on the list was Epiq, a business and services product headquartered in Atlanta with $1 billion in revenue and 151% growth over three years.
The highest-ranked New England company this year was Sparx Hockey, headquartered in Acton, Mass., ranked No. 56 overall with 4,916% three-year revenue growth to $8 million.
Rhode Island-headquartered businesses on the list in 2019:
- IT Support RI, an IT service and consultation company headquartered in North Smithfield, ranked No. 2,939, with revenue growth of 127% to $2.3 million. This was the first year the company made the list. IT Support RI reported having 16 employees.
- Protocol Networks Inc., a computer systems and networks consulting company headquartered in Johnston, ranked No. 3,011 with 123% growth to $5 million. 2019 was the first time the company had made the Inc. 5000 list. The company reported having 28 employees.
- Best Practice Energy LLC, an energy broker headquartered in South Kingstown, reported 86% revenue growth to $3.6 million in 2018. The company, which has made the list three times, ranked No. 3,859 this year. The company reported having 24 employees.
- TribalVision LLC, a digital marketing firm headquartered in Warwick, reported 85% revenue growth from 2015 to 2018 to $7 million. The company has made the list three times prior to this year. This year, the company ranked No. 3,903.
- (add)ventures, an advertising and marketing agency headquartered in East Providence, reported 55% revenue growth to $15.2 million. The company has made the list 11 times and reported having 62 employees. The company’s revenue growth rate ranked No. 4,908 on the list.
Bristol County, Mass.-headquartered companies on the 2019 Inc. 5000:
- NFI LLC ranked No. 2,442 this year with revenue growth of 163% over three years to $14.5 million. NFI, or Nameplates for Industry, is headquartered in New Bedford. The company reported having 110 employees. This was the first time NFI made the Inc. 5000 list. The design, printing and manufacturing company was the highest-ranked company in the Providence-Warwick-Fall River metropolitan area this year.
- NexDine LLC ranked No. 4,402 this year with 68% revenue growth to $35.3 million. The company, which provides dining and wellness services to companies, schools and other organizations, is headquartered in Mansfield. The company reported having 387 employees. This was the first time the company made the list.
- Blount Fine Foods Corp. ranked No. 4,928 on the list this year with a 54% revenue increase to $360.8 million. The Fall River-headquartered company reported having 790 employees. The food-production company has now made the Inc. 5000 list seven times.
Want to share this story? Click Here to purchase a link that allows anyone to read it on any device whether or not they are a subscriber.