State seeks Shooters proposals

(Corrected, 3 p.m.)

PROVIDENCE – The formal process to redevelop the former Shooters nightclub property in Providence started last week with a request for information.
The R.I. Department of Environmental Management released the 15-page request in an effort to identify potential uses for the waterfront site at Fox Point. In November, voters approved a $3.2 million bond for DEM to purchase the former nightclub.
In its request, DEM says it “is seeking proposals that encompass a variety of mixed uses, primarily ones which will bring vibrancy, public access and an economic boost to the area.” The agency says it is open to proposals from recreational providers, arts organizations, food vendors, restaurateurs, office developers and other interested parties.
Respondents must submit details of their proposals, including information on how their development would benefit the public, city and state.
DEM Director Janet Coit has told Providence Business News that her agency needs a private developer to put up the capital to develop the property and then share profits with the state to pay for the property’s upkeep.
The proposals are due Sept. 8 to the R.I. Division of Purchasing. More information is available on the division’s website.

Rhode Island's Market Has Changed. Developers, Builders, Investors and Sellers Must Change With It.

By Emilio DiSpirito IV License Partner | Engel & Völkers Oceanside Leader | The DiSpirito…

Learn More

An earlier version of this article listed the wrong deadline to respond to the request for information.

No posts to display