PROVIDENCE – In the second annual iteration of the event, The Washington Trust Co. will host its statewide beach cleanup day on April 22, Earth Day.
From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., volunteers will descend on eight beaches across Rhode Island to clear them for the coming season and remove any litter. Last year, more than 100 volunteers participated in the event and collected more than 80 bags of rubbish.
Sites for this year’s event:
- Charlestown Breachway in Charlestown.
- East Beach in Charlestown.
- East Matunuck Beach in South Kingstown.
- Misquamicut Beach in Westerly.
- Fred Benson Town Beach on Block Island.
- Roger Wheeler Beach in Narragansett.
- Salty Brine Beach in Narragansett.
- Scarborough Beach in Narragansett.
The event will be held rain or shine. Volunteers are asked to register online, and day-of registration will take place at 10:45 a.m.