Court extends Landmark bids deadline

WOONSOCKET – The deadline to accept bids for the financially troubled Landmark Medical Center has been extended from March 25 to March 30 by R.I. Superior Court Judge Michael A. Silverstein.

“As we continue to negotiate with a number of interested parties, the court’s extension of the deadline to accept bids creates some welcomed breathing room and will improve our ability to attain the best bid possible,” said Bill Fischer, spokesman for Landmark in a news release on Wednesday.

Seifert Systems Invests in Energy Efficiency to Strengthen Operations

For manufacturers, energy is more than just another operating expense. It plays a critical role…

Learn More

Landmark’s special master, Jonathan N. Savage, will still have to meet the original April 1 deadline for presenting all bids and his recommendation to the court and the April 6 hearing date to consider the recommended bid.

“It is important to note that … the overall bidding process has not been extended,” said Fischer.

- Advertisement -

Earlier this week, Savage filed a lawsuit in Rhode Island Superior Court against Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island, claiming that the insurer contributed to Landmark’s fiscal crisis by its refusal for allegedly failing to negotiate reasonable reimbursement rates.

No posts to display