PROVIDENCE – The inaugural PBN Economic Trends Summit: The Rhode Island Economy will be held Feb. 15 from 8:30-11:30 a.m. at the Providence Marriott Downtown.
The 2019 keynote speaker is Osborne Jackson, senior economist at the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
Registration will begin at 8 a.m. Breakfast will be served.
Following Jackson’s discussion about the state of the region’s economy, the event will feature a panel discussion on Rhode Island’s economic trends and forecasts from industry leaders in several different sectors of the Ocean State. The panel will include a wider discussion of the Rhode Island economy as well as industry-specific insights.
The event also will address public policy, incentives, the performance outlook for specific sectors in the state, and the state’s investments in education and workforce development.
“The Economic Trends Summit will allow us to take stock in the state’s economic recovery, predict where we are going, and gain perspective to try and drive growth going forward,” said PBN Publisher Roger C. Bergenheim.
The event’s panelists are:
- Alyssa Alvarado, program director of Real Jobs Rhode Island at the R.I. Department of Labor and Training
- Andrew Bostian, director of business valuation and transfer pricing at BlumShapiro
- Dr. Anne S. De Groot, CEO and chief science officer of Epivax Inc.
- Mark Gim, president and chief operating officer of The Washington Trust Co.
- Peter Hayes, partner and co-founder of Hayes and Sherry Real Estate Services
- John Hazen White Jr., owner and CEO of Taco Comfort Solutions
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit the PBN website.