PROVIDENCE – Rhode Island ranked No. 45 among states in WalletHub’s Most Charitable States in America 2019 in a report Tuesday.
Rhode Island ranked lowest of all New England states. The study’s 19 metrics were categorized into two dimensions, “volunteering and service” and “charitable giving.”
The Ocean State ranked No. 49 overall in 2018.
This year, Rhode Island ranked No. 44 among all states for volunteering and service and No. 36 for charitable giving service.
Minnesota ranked No. 1 this year overall, followed by Utah and Maryland.
New England overall charitable ranks for 2019:
- Maine: No. 10
- New Hampshire: No. 11
- Massachusetts: No. 24
- Connecticut: No. 26
- Vermont: No. 36
- Rhode Island: No. 45
Notable Rhode Island individual metric ranks this year:
- No. 32 for volunteer rate at 30.7%
- No. 35 for volunteer hours per capita at 24.96
- No. 50 for share of population collecting and distributing food at 22.42%
- No. 47 for share of income donated at 0.91%
- No 10 for share of charities per capita at 15.37
- No. 2 for share of sheltered homeless at 95.37%
Want to share this story? Click Here to purchase a link that allows anyone to read it on any device whether or not they are a subscriber.