Judge rules new DACA program can continue temporarily

A GROUP OF more than 50 community activists and others gathered Friday at a park next to the federal courthouse in Houston, in support of a federal policy that prevents the deportation of hundreds of thousands of immigrants brought to the U.S. as children. Earlier Friday, U.S. District Judge Andrew Hanen said during a court hearing the policy, the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, can continue with limitations that he previously set while he reviews new regulations for the program. (AP PHOTO/JUAN A. LOZANO)
HOUSTON (AP) — A federal judge ruled Friday that the current version of a federal policy that prevents the deportation of hundreds of thousands of immigrants brought to the U.S. as children can continue, at least temporarily. U.S. District Judge Andrew Hanen — who last year declared the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program illegal — said…

Register to keep reading or subscribe today and receive unlimited access.
Register Now Already a Subscriber? Login now

Purchase NowWant to share this story? Click Here to purchase a link that allows anyone to read it on any device whether or not they are a subscriber.

No posts to display